Monday, April 23, 2018

04/23/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2)

I found RN58 "Luana" freshly hauled out early this morning. I put some signs up and left her sleeping while I went and monitor the point.
On my way I met visitors who had seen 2 seals out there and said one had a "carved N1 on his back. I explained what's a bleach, how it's done and who was the seal RR70 "RIP"

When I got out there R3CU was hauled out near the waterline at Back Beach.
I had seen a seal in Ka'ena's Pool on my way in and went back to ID it. To my surprise it wasn't any of the boys but RL42 and her big bellie. The tide was very low, I wonder when and how she got in there.

Did some outreach at the point and around the NARS - many visitors from the Mainland today.

On my way back I stopped to see RN58 "Luana" she hadn't moved. In the late afternoon I went back to see her, did some outreach with late afternoon beach goers, while we were speaking we saw her roll in some waves and make her way out to sea very slowly.
I'll go out early to see if she came back



R3CU
 Luana
 she's huge

No comments: