Wednesday, April 11, 2018

4/11/2018 Monk Seal Dailies (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Day started with a phone call from posse Steave ne of my "kids" was down at CE Pt. Went down with Kana'i to check and we found RW02 "PVKauai" sleeping peacefully. He didn't overnight but must have hauled out as the tide was going down.

There was a young fisherman just before CE Pt, Kana'i was fascinated with the octopus bait (my heart goes tight when I see those hooks), I did a 101 regarding the seal just down the beach. He pointed to his truck, down on the floor beside the door was an enormous Ulua. We congratulated him, the boy was beaming with happiness. I asked how was he preparing it he said, they will smoke it.
At noon I headed out for a quick check of Birth Beach but ended up going all the way out to the point.
R330 "Squinty" was sleeping peacefully on the reef island in the center of Main Pool. Just as I was leaving my eye caught a different reef, it was our girl R353 also resting peacefully.


 chickie
 Squinty
 R353
 CC scar is healing up - just amazing
 RW02 PvKauai 
Big catch of the Day!

No comments: