Thursday, April 26, 2018

4/26/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Went out early this morning to start checking the beaches early for our girl "RN58 "Luana" but she was no where to be seen.
When I made it to the point I found RCU on the reef island of the Main Pool (day 3) and RR70 "RIP" on the waterline of Back Beach.
Team T&D (Tammy & Dave) arrived and told me RL42 was in Ka'ena's Pool. She wasn't there when I checked. Wonder how she makes it in there at low tide ?!
The 3 of us headed to the 2nd cove on Waianae side of the NARS to start a reef clean up. Picking up was as bad as hauling trash up the cliff. We did a big dent on the trash and hauled it out to the UTV.
On our way out, I turned back to go check RL42 - she was laying very comfortably  just where Tammy had seen her.
We drove out in pouring ice cold rain, but happy with our accomplishment.


the big clean up
 R3CU
 RL42
 RR70 RIP

No comments: