Wednesday, March 30, 2016

3/30/2016 DB's Dailies: Buster @ Hanauma Bay, Kainoa&RG32@Rabbit Island, Kaiwi&Cass@China Walls, Pohaku@Uleawa Beach Park, RI37@Kuilima Cove, Holokai@the Elbow, TB, U/U@Haleiwa

At 0634 I did my usual Hanauma Bay check from the overview. Lo & Behold there was a seal swimming amongst the coral heads, inside the reef, toward the “cable channel” (right end) of the bay. I remained there until 0700 watching as what I was sure was Buster (RV08) swam inside and then back outside the reef, moving toward the left side of the bay, and headed generally outward. Since he had been at Toilet Bowl yesterday I figured that was probably where he would ultimately go. I decided to continue on my route, and came back to check Toilet Bowl at 1313. Alas he was not there. I headed back up, and just as I got back to the parking lot I got a call from the HB lifeguards advising that there was an animal on the left side ledge. Naturally, when I got down there it was Buster !!

 The Rabbit Island cast would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) at Seal Rock Inlet at 0849, and at 0945 little RG32 came out of the high grass and moved down to join Kainoa. They would remain all day. 

At 1100 Gayle Matsuda called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) & Cass (RG06) together at China Walls.

 At 0622 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) once again at Uleawa Beach Park. Per Melina Pohaku departed 1825.

 Just down the way the Billands found and reported a very decomposed Whale carcass near Nanakuli.

A Dana text at 1851 advised of the report of an animal in Haleiwa. Photos by Chrissy VanMeter were inconclusive due to darkness.

 A 1921 Dana text advised that RI37 had departed Kuilima Cove, Turtle Bay around 1900. She had been there since 0750 this morning. Carola was taking down the equipment. Mahalos to Diane Gabriel for the shots,and the response along with Don Porter & Carola Johnston.


 Buster 
 RG32 and Kainoa
Kaiwi and Cass
Pohaku
 whale carcass location Nanakuli  stay out of the water!!
RI37
UU in Haleiwa

No comments: