Wednesday, March 2, 2016

3/1/2016 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,RG32,Kea&Kolohe@Rabbit Island, Buster@Toilet Bowl, Kaiwi@Spitting Cave, Pohaku@Campbell Industrial Park, 2 UU@Maili Point, UU Fort Hase Beach ,MCBH, R5AY@Hauula,RI37@Laie, Holokai&RK36@Turtle Bay

At 0713 I found what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04), 15 ft right of 3BS.

 Hanauma Bay posse member Jaime called at 0935 to advise of an animal at Toilet Bowl.

When I arrived at 1013 I found Buster (RV08).

 Also at 0935, Gayle Matsuda called to advise that she was with Kaiwi (RK96) doing 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

 I got back to Makai Pier at 1120. I found Kea (RN46) & Kolohe (RW22) together at Seal Rock Inlet.

At 1218 RG32 would haul out to join Kainoa , right of 3BS.

 When I got back to Makai Pier, I found that I’d missed some action. Apparently, a boat, belonging to guys surfing at Rabbit Island, had been flipped by increasing waves and strong north winds. As I arrived at the pier I found HFD along the road, and my associates at the pier told me what had happened. I found a capized boat, and a Lifeguard jet ski mid channel. Initial efforts were about trying to turn the boat over, but that didn’t happen so it was towed back to the pier. A diving boat happened to be returning at the same time, and after much effort they managed to get the boat turned over.

 At 0852 Team Billand advise of a foraging animal off shore of Campbell Industrial Park. At 1017 they confirmed the Pohaku(RO28) ID.

 At 1153 the Billands report 2 foraging animals off shore of Maili Point. They were unable to ID the animals. They saw and reported to DOCARE an unattended net. A DOCARE officer came later in the day, but nothing was done, citing rough conditions.

 A Lusi Perry text at 1224 reported the brief appearance of an animal to Fort Hase Beach, MCBH. Apparently, Tony & Beth saw the animal. Awaiting further word.

 Diane Gabriel called at 1257 with series of reported. Don Porter was with R5AY, along side the road in Hauula, Joy Silver had reported RI37 in Laie, and Tom Sperandeo reported RK36 near McKenzies, Turtle Bay. Diane was with Holokai (RG40) at the Elbow, Turtle Bay.
Buster at toilet bowl 
 Das Boat
 
 on it's way over
 and back to being right side up
 Kainoa and RG32 
 Kea and Kolohe 
Kaiwi at spitting cave
2 UU at Maili Point

 Net.. unable to be taken away due to conditions
 Pohaku @campbells
 RK36 photos
Honey Girl R5AY
 RI37

No comments: