Thursday, November 8, 2012

11-8-2012 DB's Dailies:


Fortunately, there aren't many days that are as short and sweet as today in my life. The only critter in my SE quadrant travels was Kaiwi (RK96). I found her just hauling out from behind the water front rocks at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island at 0902. She would be the only visible RI resident today. She remained all day. On my 1738 RI recheck, Kaiwi was no longer visible. I wanted to put my 2 cents in about Kaiwi hanging out on Rabbit Island. I find it fascinating that she was born just a stone throw away, and yet for an entire year she headed west hanging out at Lanai lookout and spitting cave.... (still close to her birth place).  But now she found Rabbit Island with some of her "cousins"... I hope she finds it safe there, and I know this will give Papa peace of mind.

Vera Cober on the other hand had a busy little SW quadrant day. She called at 0819 with the report of Ewa Girl (RS00), at Kermit's Reef. 

At 0842 Vera called to advise that Kermit (R012) had now arrived and was steathly sneaking up on Ewa Girl. They would remain there together the rest of the day.

Vera called again at 1430 to report M&M (R020) at White Plains.

Zeeny did the Ka'ena Point trek today and reported Ka'ena (RO40) and an U/U at the end of the world. Awaiting photos.

Dana checked in at 1623 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Secret Beach, KoOlina, and also reporting an U/U at Makaha. Debbie is there , but no ID yet.

 Kaiwi - having Rabbit Island all to herself
 Kermit cruising Kermit's reef

 Kermit and Ewa Girl
 Very sweet - pssst you awake?
 MM @ White Plains 
Lastly big Mahalo to Vera!  I am sure Team Billand is breathing a sigh of relief having you out there.

No comments: