Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11-6-2012 DB's Dailies


I was beginning to think that it would never happen, but today was the first day in what seems like forever without Irma and/or Buster in my life. Thanks for the break guys !!!

At 0824 on my 2nd Rabbit Island look, I found what would prove to be (after 5 hours of observation) MOJO !! (RI17), my 2nd born son (Irma). He last came home for a visit on 5-9-12, for a day, then it was back to Molokai I guess. He has a brand new, brand new coat on. This coat hasn't even begun to fill in yet. That jibes with his molting history. Other than 1 1/2 tags, his only marker is a small natural bleach on the back, left side of his head. Though I'd gotten 4 glimpses in the crappy morning light, it would be 1330 before he rolled over and allowed me a sustained look at the marker.

On a pan at 0902 I found Aukai (0947) just galumphing down out of the grass near her favorite piece of driftwood, to the right of Seal Rock Inlet. That was her location yesterday also.
Those two would prove to be my only critters for today.

At 0833 Vera Cober called with the report of Kermit (R012) at Nimitz Beach.

At 1100 Dera called with the report of an animal at Paradise Cove. Dana called at 1401 to advise that Pohaku (RO28) was the PC critter.

I got the call from Vegas at 1356. Team Billand reported that White Plains lifeguards had called them reporting an animal hauling out near #1944. I called Dana...she called Vera...and at 1416 Vera called me to advise that it was M&M (R020).

 Mojo  
 Kermit white belly!
 MM @ white plains

No comments: