Sunday, November 4, 2012

11-4-2012 DB's Dailies


At 0736 as Marilyn and I did our Spitting Cave, we had a travel mode , quicky visit from Buster (RV08), moving from further inside Maunalua Bay, and passing by us with only two brief ups, and gone.

On my 2nd Rabbit Island look at 0914 I found Kolohe (RW22) snoozin' on the water front rocks at Seal Rock Inlet on RI. He would be the only visible RI resident today.

At 1158 whale dude, Bob Ubersax called to report an animal foraging off shore of Blowhole. When I arrived at 1205 I found Buster (1108) doing 6 minute dives. I remained until 1300.

I returned to Makai Pier, and stopped by the house to download some photos, but at 1330 Cianna (and 3 more posse members) called to report an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1337 there was Buster (1337) trying to haul out amongst the adoring hordes. I got him some space, and he did manage to haul out near the sewer outfall, but just as I was finishing the cordon, at 1357, he rolled back to the water. I grabbed the stuff and followed him down the beach heading west. It was obvious that he wanted to haul out, but the hordes of greasy people following just wouldn't allow it, despite my pleas to them to back off. I lost him at the Half Point rocks at 1404. Why would any self respecting animal wanna' be anywhere near these smelly , two legged things ?

Cianna called at 0825 with the report of an animal at White Plains. Team Billand (winging their way to a week in Vegas as we speak) called at 0839 to confirm the Kermit (R012) ID.

At 0853 Cianna called again with the report of an animal at Makaha. Dana would check in at 1351 to report that it was Benny (RE74).

I did not note the time, but at some point Team Billand left voice mail to advise that RIP (RR70) was at Maili Point. At 1425 the Billands advised that there may be a 2nd animal with RIP at Maili Point.

Kimo Smith did the Ka'ena Point trek today. He found Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08), and RL42 at the end of the world. Kimo stated that RL42's wounds appeared to be healing, and that Ka'ena is definitely molting. Hopefully, somebody from the office will be going out tomorrow to officially assess RL42's status.

Dana checked in at 1700 with the report of an U/U near John Sadowski's house in Ewa Beach. Ewa Beach posse member Mo called at 1741 to report an animal behind her house. She reported a white tip on the left fore flipper. Sounds like Rocky (RH58) to me.

Buster 
 Kermit
 Mr. Rip
  Ka'ena & Kerby
Ka'ena beginning his molt 
 RL42

No comments: