Sunday, November 18, 2012

11-18-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0705 I found Kaiwi (RK96) in the company of what would prove to be RM38 at Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. M38's last visit to RI came on 6-3-12. I realized it was him early on by his various markers, the transmitter, his posterior dorsal abscess, and finally his 3 red tags, but it took a while to prove. Doing a mind meld with Diane Pike, on Molokai, at 0912 had a lot to do with it too.

At 0815 I became aware that there were , in fact, 3 animals in the group, not just 2. I became aware that one those small rocks near the other two, was Aukai (RL12). All 3 would remain the rest of the day.

Team Billand called at 0813 reporting that they were in pursuit of a swimming Kermit (R012). He would finally haul out to Nimitz Cove at 0943.

At 1018 Teri called to report La'akea (RK82) at "the elbow", Turtle Bay.

Team Billand checked in again at 1251 with the report of 2AW at LahiLahi. His last Oahu sighting (by the Billands, naturally) was at Nanakuli on 8-30-12. (so every once in awhile there is an "ah ha" moment... When I read this paragraph this evening I went through a couple of weeks worth of comments... and sure enough on 10/25 (almost a month ago) Team Billand was in search of 2AW noting that he usually made an appearance this time of year for his molt. I guess he heard Barb's call, because here he is and from the photos, he'll probably be ready to molt soon. I love that we are that in tuned to our critters.... and I especially love we have this place to share it.)
 
Aukai, RM38 and Kaiwi
 La'akea
 haaa she looks like a teddy bear face
 2AW back on Oahu's west side
 Kermit coming through!!! Great shot Barb
 O sole mio !

2 comments:

barbara said...

Oh ya baby, I knew 2AW was coming, it was his time. Been away along time, and it was a big thrill to find him on shore again.

He looks great, green as I suspected, ready for a molt. YIPPEE...LIFE IS AWESOME!!!

You did some research huh BLog Lady...cool. Thanks, I appreciate it. You were up late huh??? He. He. Usually I go through the blog, as it is so very helpful, and I also go through my many JOURNALS.

Seal ya, B

barbara said...

You know what??????? I just asked if any one saw 2AW on NOV 12th....I went back in time too. So...that means, my monachins or what ever db calls it, said....Seven days ago, our beloved 2AW was coming back soon. TA DAAAAAA!!! Thats cool.

But I still thank ya Donna, DA BLOG LADY, for checking.He. He. And I am so glad you still comment on this blog....I love comments...nice kind that is.

OK, time for finding a SEAL some where out there....adios, B