Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11-7-2012 DB Dailies


When I heard that Irma was at Diamond Head yesterday, I wanted to believe that today she would be cruizin' the wilds of Ewa Beach or something , but alas that would not be the case. At 0652 as I peered down at the beach from the roadside above Makapuu therrrrrrrrrre she was, at the base of the hill leading down to the beach. I quickly cordoned her off, and she has snoozed away the rest of the day. When I arrived at MB at 1700 Irma was gone a witness said she left at around 1650, of her own volition.
On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0918 I found little weaner, Aukai (RL12) snoozin' in the Morning Glory fronting 1BS on RI. She would move down to cool off at 0959, allowing the ID. She remained all day.

At 1015 I found what after some hours would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) hauling out to Rocky Right Beach on RI. It's hard to believe she can get any greener. Her N19 bleach is now invisible from this distance. The only hope for an ID is her transmitter scar, which she finally showed me , ever so briefly, at 1335.

Zeeny would call at 0832 with the report of an animal at Wind Sock, that she thought might be Kermit. Vera Cober confirmed the Kermit (R012) ID at 0841.

At 1037 Zeeny called with the report Noa (R6FI) and RIP (RR70) at Maili Point.

Team Billand called at 1438 to advise that White Plains lifeguards had reported an animal hauling out near #1944. I contacted Dana immediately. Awaiting further word.

In the "Yesterday's News" department, Kimo Smith trudged to the end of the world yesterday, and found Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08), and R912 at Ka'ena Point. He did not see RL42 on the trek.
Irma @ Makapuu ( she loves her papa )
 green kaiwi 
 Kermit @windsock
 Noa @ Maili
 Rip @ Maili
Ka'ena & R912 
 Kerby and Ka'ena


 Kerby scooting along
 R912/761

No comments: