Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11-5-2012 DB's Dailies:


At 0734 we had a near replay of Buster's (RV08) brief visit at Spitting Cave. He came in from deeper in Maunalua Bay, moved to the left side of the big rock, and then back to the right side, before disappearing.

At 0956 I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin' on the rubble at Rocky Right Beach. She would remain all day. It would take until 1400 to finally confirm the ID.

Ocean Safety called at 1021 to advise of an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1030 I , of course, found Buster (RV08). I cordoned him off, and he has remained the rest of the day. I picked up the stuff at 1800. Buster had departed.

At 1216 I found Nani (RK60) just hauling out to Left Point Beach, on Rabbit Island. She would remain the rest of the day.

At 1241 Aukai (RL12) would haul out to Seal Rock Inlet and move to her favorite piece of driftwood, where she draped herself for the rest of the day.

Vera Cober checked in at 0824 reporting that she was in the company of Ewa Girl (RS00) at Kermit's Reef.

Vera called again a bit later, at 0842 to advise that Kermit (R012) was just hauling out to join Ewa Girl. Vera reported that they were both still there on her 1500 recheck. Vera called at 1815 to advise that Ewa Girl remained. The rope was picked up, and the signs remain.

Dera called at 1247 with the report of an animal at Diamond Head. Colleen would confirm the Irma (R010) ID at 1339.

At 1439 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal at Sunset Beach. I contacted Dana, and she called at 1459 to advise that volunteer Joy had found Right Spot (R016).

On the subject of Right Spot , Dana sent photos from Bill Quinlan taken yesterday at V-land. It was Right Spot (R016).

Buster V08
 Kaiwi 
 Aukai
 Ewa Girl and Kermit

 Back off, or I'll smack you with my tail
 Ewa girl
 Kermit - I had to double check, I honestly thought this was one of the weaners
 Rocky Right Spot - glad someone was able to ID her from an additional photo
 Rocky rockstar! Right Spot :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The two shots at the end of the blog, labeled as Rocky, are in fact shots of Right Spot, taken at V-land by Willam Quinlan. DB

Donna said...

OOPSIE.... I knew that, but my fingers didn't cooperate. My brain stopped at R...
Thanks for keeping me honest DB.