Saturday, February 28, 2009

DB Post Saturday 2/28/2009

My first pass of the SE quadrant was a bust, and when I got back to the pier at 0835 I was still batting zero, but on a pan at 1018, I found that a gang of three had hauled out together at the left end of the island. These critters would turn out to be RB08, Mojo and Buster. Mojo was seen just yesterday at La'au Point, on Molokai. I'd last seen RB08 on 2-23-09.

Distressingly, RB08 has a large fish hook at the right corner of her mouth, which as been acquired since I last saw her. Notifications were made, and I have no further info at this writing.

On a pan at 1157 I found little Kolohe just moving out of the Morning Glory at 3BS. I'd seen a trail there earlier, and thought there might be somebody hiding up there. It was the kid.

RIP hauled out to join the rest of the gang at the left end t 1329. He and Mojo had a few spats, but ultimately everybody settled down .

Team Billand had Whale Count duties today, but managed to report Irma and Benny at White Plains , and Ewa Girl back at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.

I had recieved email from Val this morning reporting the KP2 had departed the Kaunakakai Wharf somewhere between 0330 and 0500, which was good news, however I got another call at 1645 this afternoon , from Val reporting the KP2 had returned at 1430.
Buster, Mojo & RIP
Kolohe
RB08, RIP, & Buster
RB08, RIP, Mojo & Buster

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I am hoping that a crew of people will get to RB08 today!! That is a huge hook and it needs to come out!!!!!!! Hurry while he is on R.I. Please, guys!!!