Thursday, February 26, 2009

DB Post Thursday 2/26/2009

RIP at the left end and R301 at the right end, made up today's Rabbit Island cast. Neither animal moved more that a single body length all day.

On my 0820 Spitting Cave check, I had an animal enter from the left and purposefully swim further into Maunalua Bay, obviously in travel mode, an only doing 3 quick surfaces as it moved on through. I saw red tags, and thought that it might be Buster, but it was not until 1300 , when I returned to Spitting Cave, that I could actually prove that. Lo and Behold there was Buster directly below me doing multiple 7 minute dives.

The Billands began their day assisting in the departure of RO42 (see da' blog for Barbara's story & photos), and afterward did their SW quadrant checks, reporting Kermit at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach, and 2AW at Tracks (Kahe Power Plant. Aloha, DB


Buster
Kermit
2AW

No comments: