Monday, February 16, 2009

DB Post Monday 2/16/2009

I was batting zero until I got back to Makai Pier for my second Rabbit Island check at 0914. I found R301 at 3BS.

At 0952 RIP hauled out to join R301 at 3BS. There was brief interaction, and then both settled down to a day of snoozin' . They were both still there at the end of the day.

My wife, Marilyn, undertook the Ka'ena Point trek today, and was rewarded with 2AU and Ka'ena at the end of the world. Email I recieved today, from Joanna Tabor, who did the trek yesterday, showed the same two animals.

Team Billand had another busy day, reporting M&M at Campbell Industrial Park, Kermit at Nimitz Beach, and to my happy surprise, Irma at White Plains. Obviously, her short journey to the SE quadrant has ended. She stopped at Waikiki on 2-5, and then from 2-6 thru 2-13 was out here in the SE quadrant with Sandys and Irma's haul outs, and getting her new N3 bleach. This was the 3rd day that I hadn' found her, so I thought something might be up. Sure enough she has left civilization and returned to the outback. Aloha, DB
Ka'ena & 2AU
Ka'ena & 2AU
Ka'ena Point
RIP & R301

No comments: