Friday, February 6, 2009

DB Post Thursday 2/5/2009

I was out on the morning hurt at 0600 as usual, but the day took a turn at 0725 with a call from Tracy, reporting an animal in Waikiki. Tracy, John Johnson an myself all got there at about the same time, approximately 0810, and found Irma cruisin' at Queen's , her usual Waikiki hangout. John and I worked the morning shift , until noon, when Jessica got there. I will return at dusk to check Irma's situation.

Irma's last visit to Waikiki was on 5-24-09, when she hauled out to almost exactly the same Queen's location. She was pregnant on that visit, and would go off to wherever she decided to go, on 8-7-08.

It was surprising how many of the people that stopped today, knew to ask if this was Irma again, and a few even asked after Kermit.

When I got back to the pier to check Rabbit Island at 1335 I found Buster near the 1BS at the left end of the beach. He would be joined shortly thereafter (1359) , by our little girl RB08. Both were in snooze mode when I departed the pier at 1530.

Team Billand went to Maui for a week (taking a Whale Week). It did not stop them however. At 1115 Barbara called to say they were with an animal fronting the Paki Hotel (I have no clue where that is), and after describing the markers, it proved to by Lona (R017). She is over on Oahu a lot, but has been on Maui for some time now. The ID was later confirmed by Nicole Davis, over there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHXwFEJEiM4

Todd White's blog is worth a visit http://northshoremonks.blogspot.com/. He accompanied David Schofield to Kewela Bay to remove an animal from the tennis court and backyard of a resident there. Though at this writing the animal is labeled as Benny, I don't believe that is the case. It is much more likely to be Yoda (R301), having several Yoda markers. He was last seen in Ewa Beach on 1-14-09 and has mostly been a SW quadrant guy, of has branched out of late, even having done several days at Diamond Head, visiting Colleen. The Yoda ID is only my humble opinion. Tracy will look at the shots tomorrow and we'll see what she thinks, but my buck's on Yoda.

I pulled into Queen's Beach at 1845 and Tracy called to advise that Irma had just departed, just as I stepped out of the car. Perfect timing, I picked up the stuff and called it a day. Aloha, DB


RBo8 & Buster
Irma
Irma

No comments: