Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 2/17/2009

It's been an exciting , thrill packed day in the Monk Seal world on Oahu today ! Trouble is I'm not having that day !! I am , however, getting to listen to Team Billand going absolutely nutz on the SW and W sides, with animals everywhere. They reported 2AW at Tracks (Kahe Power Plant) at 1045, then at 1114 found Irma at White Plains. Next came a real coup, finding Rocky and Kermit together on the reef on the west side of the Nimitz Beach jetty, at 1139. As if that weren't enough they called again at 1306 to report that Benny and M&M were together at the Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park. They wanted to stay longer but had to respond to a Tracy call about an animal at Makaha Beach. At 1440 they reported a newly molted male animal that was a possible Yoda. Photos recieved at end of day says Yoda.

Meanwhile RIP, R301 and myself were sharing another (ho-hum) Rabbit Island day
2AW
Benny & M&M
Irma
Rocky & Kermit
Yoda
A molted Yoda

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I know it has been a very long time since the last shot of that seal in this story, But, looking at it again NOW, I see RO18 and not Yoda as I thought back then. I also see the tail bleach and it looks to be R018 marker, also. OOPPS. Learn something every day if ya pay attention. I made a mistake and found it now. He. He. Dont think it matters to anybody, but, I had to correct this one myself. Dumbass me. Ooppsss, Sorry.

Barbara said...

Now that I took an even closer look, I have seen the little bleach marker on R018's head. See it???? Definetly...R018. Sorry, ooppss, sorry.