Monday, February 16, 2009

One of the Many Reasons I Love this Blog.

Aloha Good People!
I received an email this morning from a woman who visited Oahu back in April of 2007. Apparently while visiting the North Shore just west of Turtle Bay she saw and photographed this monk seal. I will leave the identification up to the experts but my guess in R5AY (???) This one is looking pretty large hmmm April is it safe to assume its a SHE and she is pregnant? Also if I had to guess looks pretty close to Hoku's birthplace... in my humble opinion.
Okay Seal Whisper do your magic - (Hopefully the photos show some clear markings, no sign or mention of tags) ~donna~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think da' blog lady is right. R5AY would be my vote also. the angled line on the right side of the face makes me think it's R5, but that is about all I can see to make that call. I've compared these shots with my shots of the same period, I'd say its a definite possibility. DB