Saturday, June 21, 2008

Winding Down at the Pupping Sites

Aloha Good People!

To the best of my knowledge once Mom leaves the pup.... we still want to keep our schedule until we get the word from NOAA to close down the area.... The Pup will hang out for a bit and is probably most vunerable because Momma ain't there to protect him.

A huge thank you to all the email messages that flew through cyber space today regarding the list of volunteers for 5AY and P02.... And of course there was that little matter of a name! Wow!
This is what I know....
- We all agree the community involvement is a must
- Bernard and family should be acknowledged for being very generous by opening their home
- There needs to be something from the GROUP.... individual efforts are appreciated but there is a greater importance if the community remembers NOAA's monk seal volunteers rather than Huey, Duey and Luey <- kidding ) but you get my point.

The details haven't been sorted through and I got lots of suggestions, and offers to help.... I will follow up! You all are doing GREAT work and I am very proud to be part of a worthy cause and a passionate group of volunteers.

No comments: