Sunday, June 8, 2008

DB Post Sunday June 8th

Kerby,R301 & Sadie@RI, Irma@Irma's, Rocky&RIP@HB&SB, 6-8-08
I found Kerby heading for the water at 0623 and did not see him on land again, today. I couldn't see him from the pier, but from The Makapuu Overview he was visible, just lolling in he water and slowing swimming at the left end of the island.

The rest of the RI cast were Sadie and R301 at the 3BS.

Irma remained in the SE quadrant. She hauled out at Irma's this morning at 0618, and remained there all day. When I checked her at dark, she had departed.

Rocky and RIP kept me busy today. Betty from Hanauma Bay called at 0817 reporting 2 animals just hauling out to the left side rock flats. When I arrived I found Rocky & RIP. Later in the day Jack called from HB at 1249 to report that R&R had departed at around 1130. Three minutes after that call, I got another from a SB lifeguard reporting two animals just hauling out at the east end of SB. When I arrived I found Rocky & RIP once again. RIP is way to freaking to handle the SB crowd situation, and he departed at 1400. Rocky however, remained there, and in fact is still there at this writing (2000).

Karen Harris checked in by text message reporting that she'd seen Benny, Ka'ena and RO38 at Ka'ena Point today. There are no photos at this writing. Aloha, DB



I think this photo is the best! We need to get the kids involved, they are the ones that have the most to gain by protecting these animals. The more knowledge they have the more they can accomplish. Love thier sand creations! ~donna~

No comments: