Sunday, June 8, 2008

DB Post Saturday June 7th

Kerby, Rocky, RIP, Buster & Sadie@ RI, Irma@ SC, Kermit@ Kalaeloa, 6-7-08
......and on the 48th day Kerby was weanth.. weanthed ???... oh well, we have a Weaner ! Yes.... on D#48 Kerby was alone in the world when I found him at 0635. He did not encounter any of the others on D#1 of Weanerdom, but it was a typical first day, with lots of lolling in the shallows, many short haul outs with lots of crying, and back to the water. Though I've seen it several times now, I will never get over the sadness of this day in any weaner's life (yes... he is no longer a Pup... he is now officially known as a Weaner.)

The other RI cast members were Rocky, RIP and Buster, all together at the opposite end of the beach from Kerby. Later, I would find Sadie to the right of the others.

On my Spitting Cave check at 0811 I found Irma doing 7 minute dives. When she had been MIA in the Ewa Beach/ Kalaeloa area for 3 days, I'd been waiting for the other Irma shoe to drop. Fortunately, she managed to get to the SE quadrant without a Waikiki haul out. THANK YOU IRMA !!!

The Billands reported Kermit hauling out to his Kalaeloa (Wind Sock) perch right before their eyes at 0924. They apparently had one asshole, but Kermit managed to make it there until approximately 1500. Aloha, DB



No comments: