Thursday, April 28, 2011

4-28-11 DB Dailies

At 0643, from the Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be Duke (RA12) just hauling out, 40 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. At 1010 he would be joined by Buster (RV08) and later at 1047 Kolohe (RW22) would haul out to join the other two. The all entered the water for a swim/play session at 1112. I went off to other responses, but at 1248 from the Makapuu Overview I found one of them just hauling out right of 3BS. When I finally got back to Makai Pier at 1335 I found all three together, snoozin' 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet.

Because I was intent on my "Irma Quest" on populated beaches, I didn't get to my AD's check until 0830. There I found KC (RK28) , 30 feet east of the AD's Wall. While I was cordoning her off, a witness stopped by to see if she was "still here". He said that he had seen her at 1900 last night, slighting more out on the rocks. Apparently, she had overnighted. She departed of her own volition , with the high tide at 1228.

While on my way from AD's to Makai Pier, at 1252, I stopped along the road side above Makapuu Beach, at found Irma (R010) at the extreme right end of the beach. I immediately went down and cordoned her off. I spoke with the lifeguards on my way out, and they said that she had hauled out around noon. They had not called anybody .(Some are better than others). Irma departed at 1912. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 1930.

Team Billand had a typically busy day. They reported Pohaka (RO28) at Electric Beach at 1016. At 1045 they found Kermit (R4DG) at White Plains, fronting #1708. At 1200 they reported Ewa Girl (RS00), at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. She departed at 1543. Lastly, at 1219 they reported Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1806 at Nimitz Cottages.

Dana forwarded shots of RK22 and pup on Kauai, but since you are dealing with a computer Neanderthal, I've never been able to figure out a way to download the shots as they were packaged. Hopefully, Donna is more akamai than I. Check da' blog in the morning to see the shots.
Kolohe, Duke and Buster
 Irma @ Makapuu Beach
KC @ Alan Davis Estate 
 

No comments: