Wednesday, October 18, 2017

10/18/2017 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley finds Squinty R330, and RW02 PV Kauai

This morning I saw that shape on the beach on our side of Camp Erdman Point. I went down took pics to document it.
This afternoon walking by the drive way I saw 2 seals down towards CE Point 2 seals. I went down to check IDs, they were RW02 "PVKauai" and who I thought to be BG turned out to have a penile hole ! To my surprise it was R330 "Squinty". I came home looked at my morning photos to find familiar scars. It was R330 "Squinty". 
I quickly went back to yesterdays pictures and realized I did do a mistake IDing R303 "BG" that was in fact R330 "Squinty"
They have similar back and neck scars + both are recently molted, have no tags. I know one is a male and the other a female but on their bellies, poor morning light there's not much to go by.
DB would have had a good chuckle.

 Squinty in the AM
 PM Squinty
 Squinty and PV Kauai

No comments: