Thursday, October 12, 2017

10/12/2017 Yesterday's News: Lesley Finds

I had mentioned in the blog Tammy and Lesley had met up... Lesley's email arrived after I had logged off so I missed her news about RIP. Thank you Lesley and glad he decided to hang out by you. 
Decided to go out to Ka'ena late in the day.
Started in front of the house, as I got to Birth Beach I found dame R303 "BG" in her beautiful new coat beside a molting seal. To my surprise it was RR70 "Rip" - molt at 15 to 20% his chest seems nice and clean, around the body chunks peeling off. I found some scat on his trail full of tapeworms. I don't recall ever seeing him here in front.

At the point the only seal was RO40 "Ka'ena" in his pool.

Along the hike I met up with Tammy & a friend heading out to watch the sunset, we caught up a little then I was on my way.
Back at Birth Beach (soon to be called Molt Beach) R303 "BG" had moved up the beach and both seals were ready for an overnight. I'll go check on them in the morning.

 BG
 Ka'ena
 RIP and BG
 RIP
 he's peeling !!
 Rip's spew !!!

No comments: