Monday, May 22, 2017

5/22/2017 DB's Dailies:


At 0705 I did a quick look at Rabbit Island, from Makai Pier prior to having to got to an appointment. Sadie&PO1 were still out on the left end rock flats, and to my surprise I saw a smallish U/U, mid beach at Seal Rock Inlet The morning, horrible light made a ID impossible, though Kawena (RG32) were a possibility. My guess was Kawena, but I got absolutely no info. I notified Tracy, and didn’t get back after my appointment until 1126. Bummer... just as I looked into the scope, the U/U was entering the water. I got nothing at all !! Maybe tomorrow. Sadie&PO1 remained at the left end all day.

I got a call from a posse member on my way back at 1100, advising that there was an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived I confirmed the Buster (RV08) ID.

At 0810 Team Billand reported Ka’ale (RH32) at Maili.

At 1041 they reported RL42 at the 40MIN mark on the west side KP trail

At 1129 the Billands found Ka’ena (RO40) at the 30MIN mark. RIP would join him at 1200. RIP would relocate to the 20MIN mark.

At 1314 they found RW02 at Makaha Beach, on the Makau St. side.

At 1335 the Billands found the Benny (RE74) at LahiLahi.

Buster boy!
 Sadie and PO1
 Great photos of Mom and Pup
Benny
Ka'ale
 RL42
RL42 & friend or foe
 
Ka'ena
 RIP
 RW02

No comments: