Friday, May 12, 2017

5/12/2017 DB's Dailies:

A morning appointment made a 1200 arrival at Makai Pier, the start to my Rabbit Island observations. Windy conditions and poor lighting made the scope difficult to hold still, making an ID difficult in most cases.

I found Sadie (RB12)&PO1(D#8) at the far left end of RI. Only snoozin’ observed.

Fronting 1BS I found an U/F with a rt visible tag, next to an A/M with a partially visible “N ? “ bleach across the butt. I was hopeful that I’d be able to compare it to my bleach file, but alas I can not be certain. Maybe tomorrow. Both entered the water together, with the female in the lead, at 1320.

40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet I found another U/M that I was unable to ID. Again, maybe tomorrow.

At 0710 Team Billand reported RW02 at Maili.

Dr. Tom sent photos of Right Spot (R016) at Right Spot’s Spot, Turtle Bay at 0730.


The Highlight of the day, by far, came with notification from Tracy Mercer that she was in the presence of R5AY on Molokai !!! I have researched my data since we met in 2003, and I see not one indication that R5AY has ever been reported on Molokai. An amazing find !

At 0915 Team Billand reported Benny (RE74) at Pray For Sex.  They reported his run off departure at 0927.

At 1058 the Billands reported Kerby (RW08) at the 20Min mark on the west side KP trail.

The next find was at 1219 when the Billands reported R8HY at Makua Cliffs

At 1415 Team Billand found Ka’ale (RH32) having arrived to join RW02 at Maili.

At 1432 the Billands found RN14 at Kahe Pt.

At 1444 they reported Pohaku (RO28) at L#2 , KoOlina.


Sadie & PO1
 UF & UM
 UM
Right Spot
Ka'ale
 RW02 & Ka'ale
 RW02
Pohaku
Benny
 Guess they needed a picture!
 
Kerby
 R8HY
RN14

No comments: