Wednesday, June 3, 2015

6/3/2015 DB's Dailies: BG@KBP, RM38,Aukai,Kainoa,Kaiwi,Kea&Cass@RI,Kolohe@GR, RI37@Hauula%RL42@Makua Cliffs

I was on the road dark & early, headed for Kaupo Beach Park to see if BG (R303) had overnighted, as is her usual practice. Sure enough there was her bulbous body, right where I’d left it last night. I cordoned her off and she remained until the rising tide told her to leave at 1335.

 At 0857 I found RM38 & Aukai (RL12) together at the water line, 50 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. They would enter the water at 0948 and I did not see them again today.

 Also at 0857 I found Kainoa (RN04), 80 ft right of 3BS on RI. He would remain all day.

 On a pan at 0915 I found an animal on the left end rock flats of RI. It would take some time but at 1057 I could finally make out her N72 bleach. She would enter the water at 1141, and a few minutes later I got glimpse of her and Weaner Cass playing in the shallows, amongst the left end rocks.

 At 1132 an animal hauled out to Seal Rock Inlet on RI. Again , it would take some time, but at 1258 that beautiful RFF NB became visible, and I knew Kea (RN46) was back to RI.

 Team Billand reported Kolohe (RW22) lookin’ for chicks at Nanakai Beach, Maili. Finding no action he returned to the water and headed for Guard Rails , Maili, but again found no action. He returned to the water and was headed in a Maipalaoa direction, but they lost him, and did not see him again.

 At 1101 the Billands found RL42 at her usual spot at Makua Cliffs.

 A DanaTxt at 0925 advised that RI37 was once again at Hauula today.

 BG and DB's perch in the background 
 Kaiwi 
 Kea
 RM38, and Aukai
Kolohe on the move.... what a cutey
 RL42

No comments: