Friday, June 5, 2015

6/5/2015 DB's Dailies: Kea & Cass @ RI. Kolohe@GR&Maili Pt., Ka'ena & RIP @ KP

The cupboard was bare on my first Rabbit Island look, but when I got back at 0811 I found what would prove to be Kea (RN46) out on the left rock flats of RI. He would remain there all day.

 At 0938 I found what would prove to be Cass foraging along the left end flats. I only got glimpses of her through the day, always foraging. She did not haul out to any place I could see through the observation period.

 At 1010 I noticed a male & female departing Makai Pier holding on to a white, plastic cooler between them, side stroking their way to a fun day at Rabbit Island. About half way they appeared to figure out that this was a little more than they thought it would be. Thankfully, and passing boat stopped to check on them, and brought them back to Makai Pier. I went to meet them on the beach, and gave them the basic Rabbit Island 101. They were clueless, of course, and were in agony from multiple Man-o-War stings. I don’t think they’ll do that again anytime soon. Thank You to my little, blue pals !!!

 At 1123 Team Billand reported RL42 at Makua Cliffs. She was initially run off by loud tourists, but returned after they left.

 At 1237 they reported Kolohe (RW22) trying to haul out in vain at Guard Rails & Maili Point, people just wouldn’t allow that to happen.

 Tammy was at The End of the World again today. She found Ka’ena (RO40) (with hook) just entering the water. She also met RIP (RR70). Thank you Tammy !

 Kea
 Not sure how this ever seemed like a good idea
 
 Lucky there are nice people out there 
 Ka'ena 
 Rip
 he still has his transmitter ... amazing
 Kolohe
 wonder if he's related to Benny.... :-)
 RL42

No comments: