Thursday, January 26, 2012

1-26-2012 DB's Dailies and lots more!


At 0705 I found an animal tucked up against the Right Middle Cliff area, on Rabbit Island. Though I had not one single shred of evidence, I called NOAA personnel to get the ball rolling, since I had a strong feeling that it was Kolohe. When they got out there at 0940 they confirmed that it was in fact Kolohe (RW22), and the de-hooking operation occurred at 1017. Thank you from the bottom of my little ,bald heart !! The 17 day ordeal is finally over.

At 0917 posse member Kathy called to report an animal at Spitting Cave. After the RI operation ended I went to SC and after several ups, I finally confirmed the Irma (R010) ID. To my complete surprise I even managed to get a shot of her N3 bleach.

Check out Zeeny's video of Irma at SC. ( I watched this a couple of times and watching the waves, well I felt a little sea sick.... just a teenie bit)  Thanks Zeeny


Sandy Beach lifeguard posse member Donovan called at 1441 to advise that an animal near Blowhole had been reported. When I arrived at 1450 I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. The ID was made by his V08 tag. This is a favorite hangout of his. Though the evidence is purely circumstantial I believe we have an answer to yesterday's Tako eater at Lanai Lookout, which is but a few flipper flaps away. I'd put a cat on it .

At 0715 Team Billand reported T15M fronting #1708, White Plains.
At 1041 the Billands called again with the report of Benny (RE74) mid beach at Makaha. He would depart at 1100.
At 1203 Team Billand called again to advise that Kermit (R012) was now within the cordon with T15M at White Plains.

An already pretty darned good day got even better with a call from my very most favorite Molokai resident, Diane Pike. She reported that Duke (RA12) was with her today, and was sporting his new cell tag. Back when I found him at RI with a new Cookie Cutter wound I wondered if he might not have done a Molokai mission. This pretty much answers the question for me. Thank you Diane !!!
Posse member Azlina Harun reported RI37 behind her house in Laie again today.

At 1441 I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' in the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. 



Irma R010 @ Spitting Cave
 Buster V08 @ Blow hole
 DB bets one of the cats that Buster was the U/U yesterday enjoying the Tako
 Benny RE74 @ Makaha 
 
 Kermit 4DG and Sharkbite T15 @ White Plains Thank you Team Billand
 Oh man I know how you feel I just finished my molt... feels good once your done
 
 T15 fronting cottage 1708
 Big Yawn
 Poor Sharkbite and his right stub
 Kermit looking sleeping - Thank you Clay!
 AB crunches
 Flipper flaps
 Great picture of T15
 The boyz resting on a beautiful afternoon

No comments: