Monday, November 9, 2009

DB Post Monday 11.9.09

At 0652 I found what would turn out to be Buster at the left end of Rabbit Island, and little Duke just hauling out to 2BS. He would move up into the grass, 50 ft left of 2BS. Buster would move down and spend the rest of the day near the water line. His D#8 molt is 99%.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0934 I found that Mikala had joined the cast 40 ft left of 1BS, and what would prove to be RIP was now 20 ft left of 3BS.

On a routine pan at 0947 I became aware that there had been an animal directly below Duke , 50 ft right of 2BS. I just missed it since it was in a wallow. It would prove to be Mojo. He would later relocate to join Buster at the left end.

I had mentioned an Unknown yesterday, that I thought was either Mojo or RIP. I hoped that today would solve the mystery. With both of them at RI today, we shall never know who yesterday's U/M was. (I'd still put a dollar on Mojo).

At 1123 Tracy called with the report of an animal at "Half Point" at Sandy Beach. En route to SB I also got a call from Diane Gabriel asking if I was aware of a SB animal. I told her I was on my way. When I arrived at the back end of SB I found Right Spot (and Diane) at the far east end. I cordoned her off, and assumed that the location called in had been in error. I joked to Diane that "I guess I'd better check Half Point just in case". As we looked in that direction , lo and behold there was ANOTHER animal partially visible. When I got to that location at 1145 I found Benny lying there, and cordoned him off. On my 1425 SB check I found that Benny had relocated to join Right Spot within her cordon. I picked up the other stuff and continued on . They were both still there on my 1600 check. I'll be returning after completing the dailies.

I got a Vegas call from the Billands , notifying me that their deputy , Mochiko had reported Kermit at WP at 0805. I have no other information.

Right Spot and Benny departed Sandy Beach at 1732 with Right Spot in the lead and Benny in hot pursuit.


No comments: