Tuesday, June 2, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 6/2/2009

Once again there were spear fishermen, and boats in the area, but thankfully the Rabbit Island cast had a quiet and peaceful day. At 0626 I found what would turn out to be Kolohe , tucked into the base of the cliff, in a "cave", at the right end of the beach. He would move down to cool off at mid morning , allowing the ID. He would remain there all day.

Though I'd been looking for Mom and pup since my first pass at 0626, it was not until 0838 that I finally caught a glimpse of them cruisin' off shore of the left end of the beach. I would see 3 feeds and 3 swim sessions today, with snooze training in between. They were not hassled by anyone today.

On a pan at 0909, I found a newly arrived Sadie just hauling out at the right end of the beach. She would remain there all day. Aloha, DB

No comments: