Monday, September 21, 2020

09/21/2020 Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

Yesterday as I was going down to check on RG40 Holokai, I saw RO40 Ka'ena at the same spot he was yesterday all day. When I checked at sunset he had left.

RG40 Holokai was side by side with R330 Squinty they spent all day in the same spot D2. Holokai is molting very slowly
When I looked to the west side of the beach, I saw RW02 PVKauai he spent all day there.
It was a busy Sunday with 4 seals on the beach, many fishermen and many families enjoying the day. The seals were not disturbed although sometimes people may have gotten a little too close.

This morning I checked the boys RO40 Holokai and R330 Squinty - they were in the same spots as yesterday D3. Holokai is approximately 10% molted. Squinty has the fur on his neck ruffled up but no visible cracks yet.
I went down again at sunset they were still there. A fisherman told me there was a big seal further down. I found RN58 Luana at her exTide Pool now SandBox.

More tomorrow - be safe 🌺😷

No comments: