Friday, September 11, 2020

09/11/2020 (part 2) Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

This morning first check was on RG28 Lefty. His molt is about +15%. This afternoon he had moved back to Lyman's and was sleeping away.


At the point R330 Squinty was on the Runway. While I was at the point I heard him vocalizing I moved higher on time to see a head swimming away. Squinty was near were the sets were breaking so he ended up leaving, but that was not the last I saw of him.

On Main Beach RL74 Kami was up past the rocks under a Naupaka. She has FINALLY started her shedding/molt. Hard to give a % since they are little holes here and there. 
She later moved to down to a rock formation, even got the visit of RW02 PVKauai who gave her a kiss turned around and left without a sound.

On Back Beach RL98 Lina hauled out after my first check - she's the next on the molting list.

Hours later heading back I checked Hidden Beach again. 2 seals were hauled out a big and a small. I recognize RK40 Napua on the spot but had to move around to see who the big male was. There all his marks and scars made it easy to ID him R330 Squinty. They seemed to be coordinating their positions like a ballet. Fishermen Scott and I had a good time watching them.  More tomorrow - be safe 🌺😷

No comments: