Friday, September 18, 2020

09/18/2020 (part 2) Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 Wow that was one very hot day till the Trades started late this afternoon.

Morning started checking on an overnighted RG40 Holokai - when I came back from the point he had left for a swim. I just went down to check again, and he had just hauled out right at our doorstep. He has started his molt -5% his neck is full of small holes with a bigger one in the middle.

At Hidden Beach RW02 PVKauai was near the waterline and left a trail up the beach where he overnighted. Hours later when I came back he was still there.

At the point RL74 Kami was showing her beautiful white bellie (looked like a flashlight in the black lava rocks). 
At Back Beach RO40 Ka'ena was freshly hauled out. His throat is ruffled up, he may be next to molt.
R330 Squinty was doing the hippo at the entrance of the Main Pool.

On my way back I spotted 2 seals hauled out at 10Mins Beach. When I got down there I IDed RL98 Lina (still no molting) and RK40 Napua. They were sleeping and may have hauled out together. They were not there when I went in.

I have an empty nest feeling. It's the first day in several weeks that I don't see RG28 Lefty - molted and left !!

This morning before I left the house the pups were in a playing mode. Happy is in to bringing me gifts, most of the time not things you want in the house, today he brought me one of the sea debris floats. They tossed that thing all around. Happy (the pup I rescued with -12lbs in April and aprox 2 months old) is now a big big big pony. SnowFlake and he have the speedy crazy runs a couple of times a day. Happy already out runs SnowFlake who is still the cleverest on the short cuts.   
More tomorrow - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: