Sunday, September 13, 2020

09/13/2020 Lesley's Ka'ena Update from Saturday 9/12

 (sorry for delay.... very tired yesterday)

First check was for RG28 Lefty to see how his molt is doing, found him overnighted @ Birth Beach/Tables ~40% molted. 
Our sporadic visitor RG40 Holokai overnighted @ Lyman's and spent the day there. On my afternoon check I found RG28 Lefty had moved over and hauled out beside him. 

Heading to the point checking all spots I found RO40 Ka'ena hauled out @ Hidden Beach, he was still wet so possibly had hauled out not to long before I got there.

At the point I did my monitoring. Came up on RW02 PVKauai on the little beach @ Ka'ena's

Pool. Is little Damashi hook is still in the corner of his muzzle near the right side of his lip.
RL74 Kami, who had been report hauled out at Back Beach was being tossed by waves in the right-side tide pool. I got to observe her from the top of the reef wall. She finally hauled out and settle into a deep sleep. Her shed/molt is going way and faster now, on most of her lower bellie, her flippers and the top of her head is getting all ruffled up.
I was doing some "distance/mask" outreach when RN04 Kainoa entered the Main Pool, swam around and made his way thru the flat reefs and pools towards the Runway. He still has his hook and line showing on the left side of his mouth.

I was coming back from the Main Entrance of the park when I spotted a seal @ CE. It was R330 Squinty.
I was calling it a day after documenting him when I got a call and had to head back into the permitted area with DOCARE. Never a dull moment around here!
More soon - be safe ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ˜ท

No comments: