Tuesday, December 3, 2019

December 3, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update



A lovely windy and slightly overcast morning is just perfect to go out to the point
On the way in, the Snow Geese greeted me and some visitors. WE enjoyed checking all nooks and crevices along the way to the point.
At the point Albatrosses were EVERYWHERE, the fields are starting to look like popcorn fields again. I was told that the nest/egg count today got up to 60 !!! it's going to be a great season

At Back Beach a seal was making it's way down from the Naupaka wallows to the waterline. What a surprise to see another one of the MIA boys R3CU. I was able to observe him for a while before he enter the water and let the waves take him out.
On Main Beach little RL74 Kami was in the same spot she has been for a week.
After I finished my rounds one of the hikers I had talked to earlier came over to tell me they saw whales were I had suggested them to look earlier. I joined them and got to FINALLY see "my" first whales of the season. A perfect day but it didn't end there.
Before I wrapped up my day I checked our front beach and "lo and behold", I made it just on time to see R303 BG hauling out. She galumphed up the beach all the way to the Naupaka. Perhaps I'll see early tomorrow morning  More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ


No comments: