Wednesday, December 4, 2019

December 4, 2019 (part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update













I had to head out to the field early so I was down on the beach at first light. The colors in the sky were breath taking.
I only saw 2 seals out there today. First one was  RW02 PVKauai hauled out at Hidden Beach and was completely dry so he may have spent the night there. He was still there on my way out. The other seal was  RO40 Ka'ena overnighted at his favorite spot under the Naupaka @ Back Beach. There was a fresh wallow and trail beside him all the way down to the water (you can always "read" fresh poop).
Interesting fact both seals I saw this morning were seen on the Waianae side yesterday.
I added some non seals photos the Ma'o (Hawaiian Cotton) is in bloom, the citric yellow flowers surrounded by green can be seen from far.
The light on the mountains on Waianae side of the NARS and State Park were beautiful
The birds were all out and noisy at that early hour from the Snow Geese, the Grey Francolin, the Kolea, to the Albatrosses.
More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: