Friday, December 13, 2019

December 13, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Finally we got a good soak on this side last night. Waves were still big and washing the beaches.
Just after first day light I went down and found a freshly hauled out RW02 PVKauai right at our front beach access. Unfortunately there were also tire trails up and down the beach from yesterday late afternoon or night. That delayed my going out to the point, cause I had to find the vehicle access to the beach. After solving that I headed out to do road assessment on my way to the NARS. 
I came by the 2 Snow Geese at The Ponds, they were having the time of their life playing in a big puddle.

Albatross #289 was standing when I went by, I was prepared so I was able to take some pics on the move without stopping.
At the point on Back Beach R3CU was down on the coral beach near the water line
Little RL74 Kami had the Main Beach all to herself and made the hike out worth for visitors from the Mainland, China, Germany, Brazil and other places. While doing outreach with a big group from the top of the Big Rock the 2 Snow Geese flew over us in big circles a couple of times. It's the first documented visit they've done in the NARS.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº

No comments: