Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December 31, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

The house shook with every big set during the night but this morning the sets didn't look that big anymore. We still had big sets rolling in and the beaches got a good wash.
I got the see 4 seals today and all females.

As I stepped down on the beach I spotted R303 BG up on the Naupaka line. She definitely spent the night there. On my way back in the afternoon I checked on her, she was on her way down to the water.
Next I found RN58 Luana at Hidden Beach. On bigger sets she was surrounded by our local Hawaiian Snow.
At the point little RL74 Kami was in a nook between rocks on Main Beach. Spend quite sometime doing outreach there before checking around the NARS.
So today is the last day our weaners are weaners, as of tomorrow they will be yearlings, young seals.
Can't wait to see what next pup season will bring us

On my way back I finally found RK40 Napua back on this side. She hadn't been seen for several weeks it was a relief and pleasure to see her.

The TRIO of Snow Geese were at their usual morning spot. I have had several reports of them out on the airfield in the afternoons.

We got to see several young Albatrosses gathering, doing matting songs & dances.

And the waves and wind were putting on an extra show. Some whales were cruising by, I didn't see breaches but did lots of spouts. As I'm writing my reports I can see them out there

More next YEAR ðŸŒº
 

No comments: