Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December 18, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Same players different day
At dawn it seemed that the day was going to be overcast, but wind kicked in and a blue sky was what we had all day.
On my way to the point I had a road block at Manini, our 2 Snow Geese were playing in the puddles. I walked down to check the gulch, on my way back they were still there so I just drove towards them, they flew 10 meters to the side and went back as soon as I passed.
At the point some Albatrosses were gliding in the wind and others were hunkered on their nests.
RL74 Kami was on Back Beach and didn't move much.
RL70 Leina was making her way from Back Beach across Main Beach down to the pool. She got splashed once and turned away. Settled down near a rock and went to sleep.
There were quite a few people hiking out today, so I spent a couple of hours doing outreach.
We saw a pod of 4to5 whales crossing towards West side, unfortunately on of those WW boats also did and flew towards them. The boat was documented and reported.
More tomorrow ðŸŒº

No comments: