Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

This is a 2 in 1 report

Yesterday was a VERY busy day at Ka'ena Pt.
In the seal world I saw: RO40 Ka'ena sleeping on the island of the Main Pool, little RL70 Leina had Back Beach all for herself.
Little RL74 Kami was hauled out on some rocks. Unfortunately she had her first CC bite. It will heal fast but right now it looks really ugly. As it isn't a threatening wound NOAA was not going to respond.  She was properly documented.

Today I had to go out after the big downpours we had to asses the roads and close the park for permitted vehicles.
I stopped @ Hidden Beach to ID beautiful RN58 Luana. Due to weather conditions I did not hike out to the point. Also had a full house for X-Mas dinner and no electricity for several hours with a turkey in the oven (yup electric one). So I smiled along and took it sportily.
Mele Kalikimaka to all of you.  More tomorrow๐ŸŒบ
 

No comments: