Tuesday, December 17, 2019

December 17, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update











Marilyn and I did Ka'ena Pt together on Saturday. We were skunked at the point and I totally forgot that we had started the day with RW02 PVKauai overnighted here at Lyman's.
On Sunday while talking to Kimo and looking out the window I got blown away by seeing the (my) first breaches of the season. Of course by the time I got the camera all I had were blows. I was so pleased. Although we live here, look out to the ocean several times a day, make it out to the point 5 days a week we haven't seen whale action. It was getting very frustrating. I just hope they are late this season.
This morning I went out to the point early and the only 2 seals I saw were RL70 Leina and RL74 Kami overnighted on Back Beach. They made it to the waterline, turned around and came back up. The tide was still high and the waves still big.
Some light rain made passed noon made me turn and head back this way, there less people hiking in so less outreach to be done and I was able to concentrate on other tasks.
This last week we have had a festival of beautiful Anuenue and most of them double ones - what a treat.    More tomorrow

 LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo!

No comments: