Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

What a day ! It was a LONG one full of meetings but I was able to get my HMSeal fix in.
While doing an early patrol on the beaches I found RR70 "RIP" @ Birth Beach. There were wallows and trails everywhere. He had definitely overnighted but the other trails could have been from another or more seals.
This afternoon just before sunset when I got back to the house I went down to check BB and found 2 seals: RR70 "RIP" and RK36 "Kauai Kolohe". By the waterline marks they have been there since last high tide.
On Monday when I was out at the point both were there. Yesterday I didn't get to go all the way to check BB, but did check our front several times and didn't see any seals.
Today the other swell rolled in and the waves now at sunset were absolutely  gorgeous.



More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: