Monday, March 18, 2019

March 18, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Om my monitoring today I found 3 charming and handsome dudes out at the point
1St one gave me a HARD time to ID him cause of the ....broken tag on the side I could see. Long story and shortcut it was RR70 "RIP" . Whom I haven't seen in a while. At first he was on Back Beach than swam around to Main Beach.
just around the corner at the top of Main Beach RK36 "Kauai Kolohe" who has been MIA for a while here on Oahu. He's looking fine and after making his way all the way down to Main Pool gave RR70 "Rip" a hard time when he showed up.
Before "Rip" left Back Beach little RK88 "Puna" hauled out and was the reason "Rip" left. "Puna" just settled himself comfortably and went to sleep.
On my last check he was gone.

I was there when the tide started coming back up and saw those big waves rolling in and washing pools and beaches. And also tossing seals around.

The BIG swell has done more landscaping at the point. The new long white coral beach that went all the way to the entrance of the Main Pool no longer exists and the side beach is larger and longer.

The albatross chicks were wondering everywhere around their nests while some adults were playing in the breeze.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº


 Love this !

No comments: