Monday, March 11, 2019

March 11, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Updare

Had an adventurous bike ride out to the point this morning, as I hadn't done it in a while I may feel a little sore in the next few days.

At hidden Beach I found a fresh trail into the water of a possible overnighted HMS.
Upon arrival at the point I saw from far a seal on the Reef Island in Main Pool. It turned out to be R330 "Squinty". The park was very empty when I went in but people started arriving in flocks and I spent some good time doing outreach.
A hiker had told me on his way out that he had seen a seal hiking in earlier. I asked if it was at Hidden Beach and he said no on round rocks.
On my way back I found little RK40 "Napua" she's looking healthy and green - her first molt is getting close.

Most of the adult albatrosses weren't around when I hiked into the NARS but on my way out the wind had picked up and they were flying everywhere. A lot of young adults singing and courting. The chicks are growing fast and today I saw my first one playing with his wings in the wind.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº


No comments: