Thursday, January 14, 2016

1/14/2016 DB's Dailies: Buster&Kaiwi@Sandy Beach, RM38,Kimo Kai&RG32@Rabbit Island, Benny@White Plains, Pohaku@Campbell Industrial Park,

I was out on the road at 0630. I was batting zero until a call from Oahu Photography Tours, posse member Alex called at 0724 to advise that there was a molting seal in one of the nooks at the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0733 I found a 75% molted Buster (RV08). He would depart of his own volition at 0759. I did not see him again today.

 I got to Makai Pier at 0850 but it would be 0943 before the first critter showed up. It would prove to be Kimo Kai (RT12). He was playing in the water with another adult sized animal which did not haul out with him, but instead hauled out at 1049 to join Kimo Kai. It would prove to be RM38. They would both remain at their location, 50 ft right of 3BS for the rest of the day.

 At 1108 RG32 hauled out to 2BS, where he remained the rest of the day.

 At 1500 I returned to Sandy Beach, to check and see if perhaps Buster might be there. I saw an animal on the rock flats at the Blowhole end and initially thought it was Buster, but it would turn out to Kaiwi (RK96).

 At 0636 Team Billand found Benny (RE74) at his Naupaka bush, #1708 , White Plains. He would depart at 0639.

 At 0820 the Billands found what would prove to be Pohaku (RO28) foraging off shore of Germaine’s Luau Grounds, Campbell Industrial Park.

 Buster - full on molt.... poor guy, it's almost over 
Kaiwi at Sandys
RG32 on Rabbit Island
 RM38 and Kimo Kai
Pohaku
 wind sock sunrise

No comments: