Tuesday, January 5, 2016

1/4/2016 DB Dailies: RM38,Buster,Kimo Kai, Kolohe&RK36@RI, Benny@White Plains, Pohaku@Paradise Cove, Nihoa&BG@Turtle Bay, Right Spot&U/U@Moku Nui

At 0709 I found RM38 & Buster (RV08) up in the Morning Glory, left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. Both would later move down. RM38 would remain at the left end. Buster would enter the water and haul out again later.

 At 0938 on a pan I found Kimo Kai (RT12) fronting 3BS. He had been hiding in the vegetation on my first passes and I did not see him. He would remain at that location all day.

 At 0954 Kolohe (RW22) hauled out 30 ft right of 1BS, where he would remain.

 At 1017 on a pan I found RK36 on the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet. He would remain there all day.

 At 1030 Buster hauled out to join Kolohe. It was then that I saw that Buster has begun his molt. D#1 is 2%.

 On one of my daily Instagram checks I happened upon a shot from Kevin Reich, showing little Kea (RN46) cruisin’ the underwater realm. His trademark white fore flipper shining brightly.

 At 0812 Team Billand called to advise that surfer Rich at White Plains had reported and cordoned off Benny (RE74). The Billands confirmed the Benny ID. He would depart at 1715.

 At 1025 the Billands reported Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove. Mahalos to Nancy, Melina & Warren.

 Carola Johnston had a busy day at Turtle Bay. She found and documented Nihoa (R912) at Right Spot’s Spot, and BG (R303) at the Elbow. Thanks to Diga for continuing to build up my muscle bound thumbs with many a text.

 At 1214 I got mail from my favorite DOCARE officer, Ken Lesperance, forwarding a shot of 2 animals at Moku Nui today, taken by a DOFAW worker. One appears to be Right Spot (R016). The other short, fat one could not be ID’d.  didn't hear anything from the crew... i can ask tomorrow....




Kimo Kai
 Kolohe
 RK36
 little Kea underwater.... too cute
 Right spot and UU on Mokes !
Nihoa at Turtle Bay
 sweet face
Benny at white plains

1 comment:

mantan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.