Friday, January 22, 2016

1/22/2016 DB's Dailies: Buster,Kaiwi,Kainoa&RG32@Rabbit Island, Holokai&RK36@Turtle Bay, Kimo Kai,Luana&RW02@Ka'ena Point, U/U@Moku Nui

At 0714 on my first look at Rabbit Island I found what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) & Kainoa (RN04), snoozin’ together in the Morning Glory fronting 1BS. They would both move down and spent the rest of the day together at that location.

 I had seen no others on that first look, nor did I seen anybody else when I got back to Makai Pier at 0817, but on my umpteenth pan of the beach, at 0839 I suddenly saw a small animal in the grass, 50 ft right of 3BS. When he moved down it proved to be little RG32.

 The next find was pretty much like the RG32 find. On a routine pan at 0939 I happened on to what turned out to be Buster (RV08) just moving down from the high grass, right of Seal Rock Inlet. No doubt about it he and RG32 had been there all along, but totally hidden in the vegetation.

 At 0610 a Team Billand text brought word of an animal reported at Paradise Cove, having arrived at 0100. At 0614 the Billands confirmed Benny (RE74). He would depart at 1258.

 The Billands responded to a Dana call about an animal at Ewa Beach. When they arrived at access 186B they found Rocky (RH58)

 Tammy T checked in from the End of the World at 0938. They found what would turn out to be Kimo Kai (RT12), with his N13 bleach loud and clear, in the company of little Luana (RN58) at the Main Pool. The peace a quiet was shot with the arrival RW02. I’d last seen Kimo Kai on Rabbit Island on 1-14-16, so I guess he is getting back to his old neighborhood.

 At 1119 Dr. Tom sen photos of his find at the Elbow, Turtle Bay. He ID’d Holokai (RG40) by tag. 

Diane Gabriel & Lesley McPherson did the afternoon Turtle Bay and also found Holokai, as well as finding RK36 hauling out tho the Elbow, at 1622

 A text from The Donna at 1707 brought shots from Moku Nui today. I wasn’t quite able to confirm the ID based on the 3 shots, but my guess would be Nani.

 Buster
 Kaiwi and Kainoa
 little peanut RG32 
Holokai pics from Dr. Tom
Thank you to Ka'iulani at KSK for following up and sending in these shots of this bathing beauty!
Kimo Kai and Luana
RW02, Luana and Kimo Kai
 RW02
 RW02, Luana and Kimo Kai

No comments: