Thursday, January 28, 2016

1/28/2016 DB's Dailies: Kolohe,RM38&RK36@Rabbit Island, DB, Nihoa@Turtle Bay, Pohaku@Paradise Cove, Kekoa@Maili Point, Nani (RK60)@Moku Nui

From the moment I became aware this morning, in the wee hours, I’ve been stressin’ , waiting for the Benny shoe to drop. His arrival at Diamond Head yesterday suggested that he was movin’ this way. Now, having survived yet another day, there was no Benny in my life at all today. What the boy is up to, Only Benny Knows.

 The terminal VOG conditions made observations a challenge. At 0830 I found RM38 snoozin’, fronting 3BS on Rabbit Island. At 0842 he would be joined by Kolohe (RW22)at 1043. They would remain there together the rest of the day.

 On a pan at 0842 I became aware of an animal out on the right end rock flats, beyond Rocky Right Beach. After a full day of observations it was apparent that it was RK36. He was last seen at Turtle Bay, day before yesterday.
Though the photos are horrible, and of no value to ID purposes, I saw all the major markers, as well as several other markers that I was able to confirm once I got home to check what I observed against my photo database. It was absolutely RK36. I’ve gotta’ cat on it !

 A Team Billand text at 0516 advised that Paradise Cove Security had reported an animal. At 0545 they were able to confirm the Pohaku (RO28) ID. She was up against yesterday’s signs, but they were able to establish and better SPZ once she moved down for the day. There were the usual problem people, as is usually the case.
Mahalos to PC Security, Warren, Nancy& Mina.

 At 1130 the Billands found Kekoa (RK72) on his own at Maili Point. 1155 mail from Dr. Tom brought word , and photos of Nihoa (R912) at Turtle Bay.

 Kolohe and RM38
 RK36 
 Nihoa at Turtle Bay
Kekoa at Maili
 Pohaku
Nani on Moku Nui

No comments: