Saturday, January 16, 2016

1/15/2016 DB's Dailies: RG32,Kaiwi&JF@Rabbit Island, Rocky@Spitting Cave, Pohaku@Campbell Industrial Park, Luana@Hidden Beach, Ka'ena,RW02&RL42@Ka'ena Point

At 0730 I found RG32 and what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96), together, 30 ft right of 3BS. Viewing conditions were difficult, so it was not until I got back to look at my photos that I finally saw her natural bleach on top of her head.

 At 0845 I found Buster (RV08) just moving out from his hiding place in the grasses at the back of Rocky Right Beach. His D#12 molt is 80%.

 Gayle called at 1020 with the report of an animal at Spitting Cave. She too had difficult viewing conditions. When I got her photos at 1500 it appeared to be Rocky (RH58) based on limited views of the dorsal scars, an area of bumps on the left side.

 At 1031 the same green juvenile female with 2 red tags, that I’ve seen at Rabbit Island, hauled out to the left end of the beach. An ID is still impossible.

 Team Billand called at 0858 with the report of a foraging Pohaku (RO28) off shore of Germaine’s Luau Grounds, Campbell Industrial Park doing 7 minute dives.

 Lesley checked in at 1750 to advise she had found Luana (RN58) at Hidden Beach, and Ka’ena (RO40),RW02&RL42 on the Back Beach.

J/F juvenile female
 RG32 and Kaiwi
 Rocky  
Pohaku
 West side sunrise.

No comments: