Friday, February 7, 2014

2-7-2014 Honey Girl and Meli Report

Hi Everyone,

I found La'akea at 1:45pm as I was heading out to pup site at Right Spot's Spot. When I got to the pup site I found R5AY and P01 out cold by the rocks at the water's edge. After checking the log book I found that they spent about 2 1/2 hours in the water, going from the shallows to deep water. According to Jeanne, mom kept calling pup out when the pup would try to go up on shore. They slept for the first 2 hours of my shift and then the pup woke and started doing what she could to get mom's attention. 

One of my photos show the pups inner fore flipper with a white mark. I'm guessing it's the beginning of the coat change rather than a bleach mark but I'll leave it to the experts.  Diane

1st stop big sister La'akea
 Mom and Pup 
 great shot and good question..... so is it the changing of her coat or a bleach mark... usually you see the coat changes around the muzzle..... it will be interesting to see as her coat come in if this is lighter in color at all

No comments: